Saturday, June 14, 2008

Award Winning Meat

On a very part time basis, I work on the air at a small radio station. I just aired a spot for a Meat Market that opened like this:

'Nothing says "I LOVE YOU, DAD" like award winning meat'

Ahem.

My head is always in the gutter. Really. and I'm okay with it. One of the times this gutter mentality can be a problem is when the microphone is on while airing the above commercial and I can't hold back my "pffft...with a snort" after hearing it. I think I just alienated half of the soccer moms in my audience. I don't feel bad about it though, I'm still chuckling inside. And hoping I don't have to play the spot again while I'm here. Or ever.

P.S. I called my dad and asked him if he wanted award winning meat for Fathers Day. For the record, he doesn't. And he wants you to know that he's not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No comments: